Your privacy and safe use of your personal information is of major importance to Etac
Privacy and safe use of your personal information is of major importance to Etac. We make sure your personal data is always protected and that our processing follows applicable data protection rules as well as internal guidelines and routines.
Our collection, use and sharing of your information is only with your permission and where allowed by law.
Why do we collect and process your data?
We collect and process your personal information to:
- communicate with you and address queries;
- evaluate and monitor your use of our digital channels;
- manage and address legal obligations;
- manage, protect, and develop our systems and services;
- manage subscriptions;
- provide customised product for your use.
What type of information do we collect?
The type of information we collect from you is what you provide us with when you use our websites, our digital channels, contact us or subscribe for our email newsletters.
- Login credentials, IP addresses, website cookies, type of device, operating system, browser type used for the visit, and other session details when our online applications are used;
- Basic contact information such as name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- Employment-related information such as work history, current employer, division, department, title, tax-numbers, personality test results and job duties;
- Contact information for external references such as name, employer, position, and relationship;
- In isolated cases compliance-related information such as bankruptcy filings, criminal matters, negative media reports, anti-bribery violations, as well as compliance with various laws.
This is a broad description of the types of personal information that our organisation processes.
What do we do with the information?
In very few isolated cases Etac uses your personal information to provide and customise the Products you have requested or authorized. We will not use your information for purposes other than those listed in this Policy unless we receive your consent.
We use your information to be able to communicate with you.
- Occasionally we send you a notice about the products and changes in our policies, terms and conditions. This type of information is essential for us to keep you updated with your privacy rights, to uphold the quality of our products and to ensure your safety through proper usage of the product. You cannot unsubscribe from these messages.
- We also use your personal information for communication of product launches and updates, campaigns, upcoming events or other marketing activities. To receive this type of information is optional and you can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
We use personal information for internal use. Purpose for such use can be for data analysis, recruitment process, research to improve our product offering, and to improve the general user experience on our websites. The information can also be used to help us to create, develop, deliver, operate and improve our products. For such purposes we strive to only use anonymised or pseudonymised data.
Our websites use technology called cookies. A cookie is a line of text send to your web browser when you visit a website, which your web browser then sends back to us the next time you surf to one of our pages. The cookie contains a serial number that enables us to see if several successive visits are from a single computer. The cookie contains no personal data whatsoever and cannot be traced to an individual.
For how long do we save your information
Sometimes we must store certain information, for specific purposes, for a longer period of time due to operational and legal requirements. This happens, for example, when you make a payment to Etac. This data is stored for the longer period since it is required for tax and accounting purposes. Other reasons for storing certain data for longer periods are:
- Security and prevention of fraud and unauthorised use
- Compliance with legal or regulatory requirements
Disclosure of information
We may share your information:
- with service providers such as suppliers, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf or assist us with managing the business relationship. We require these third-parties to protect your information;
- with Etac Group’s subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf;
- with other recipients such as external advisors, authorities, courts, police, and potential buyers or sellers regarding company divestment or acquisition.
We never sell your personal data to other companies.
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you,
- request access to the personal information we maintain about you,
- receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information,
- object to the processing of your personal information, and
- have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate.
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local legal requirements. We will respond to all requests to access, modify, or delete your personal data as required by local law requirements. To exercise these rights, please contact us at GDPR@etac.com.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, you are welcome to contact us at:
Tel +46 8 – 633 47 00
If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received, you have the right to lodge a complaint with relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.
Download the Policies here: