Respected international Etac therapist to present latest patient mobilisation techniques at NBE 2019
National Back Exchange (NBE) Annual Conference and Exhibition 'Working solutions.' 23-25 September 2019. Hinckley Island Hotel, Hinckley, Leicestershire. LE10 3JA.
NBE is a not-for-profit association set-up to develop, disseminate and promote evidence-based best practice relating to manual handling activities. Its annual conference is attended by members such as healthcare professionals, therapists and moving and handling practitioners who benefit from knowledge sharing, education and networking. As a specialist assistive equipment manufacturer, Etac R82 will be supporting the event once more with an educational presentation and a product showcase. The Etac seminar for 2019 will be:
A guide to choosing appropriate standing equipment for early mobilisation of a service user
A practical session for novice and experienced practitioners in Acute and Community Adult Care
Kristin Törnkvist, Etac R82
Tuesday 24 September, Stream F, Session 4: 14:30 –15:15.
The session will highlight the general conceptual differences between sit-to-stand devices. It will focus on the advantages of specific equipment in terms of reducing the risk of musculoskeletal injuries and a possible reduction of falls. Alongside benefits to carers, the advantages of activating service users earlier will be explored alongside topics such as function, ergonomics and client understanding.
- A theoretical and practical understanding of three different sit-to-stand transfer approaches
- An understanding of advantages and challenges within varying transfer scenarios
- Knowledge regarding earlier mobilisation and training
- Identification of ergonomic advantages with different solutions
About the workshop leader:
Kristin Törnkvist Product Manager, Etac AB, Sweden
Kristin is an Occupational Therapist with 25 years of experience in manual transfers and hoisting. She is a highly regarded specialist in safe patient handling and has been integral to the development of many original innovations within the assistive product sector.
Etac R82 will be exhibiting at the NBE with a range of products from its popular and trusted range. These will include the:
- Etac Turner Pro – advanced active sit-to-stand turner
- Molift Quick Raiser 205 – a sit-to-stand hoist with outstanding lifting capacity
- Molift Raiser Pro – an ergonomic sit-to-stand manoeuvrable platform
- Immedia SatinSheets and 4WayGlide – in-bed solutions for easier patient movement