Etac - A Proud Sponsor of Moving & Handling People 2016
Etac, a specialist in world-class healthcare solutions, is delighted to be a sponsor of Moving and Handling People 2016 in association with the Disabled Living Foundation. (2-3 February 2016, Amnesty International UK, Human Rights Action Centre, London).
Etac is highly regarded by healthcare professionals and its well designed, Scandinavian moving and handling solutions are trusted worldwide. It provides an impressive range of brands including Molift hoists and slings, Immedia manual transfer, Etac manual wheelchairs, toileting, bathing and aids for daily living and R82 children’s products.
In addition to being a sponsor, Etac will be showcasing the following products at Moving and Handling 2016:
- Molift Raiser – Sit to stand platform for safe transfers and optimal ergonomic moving and handling for the caregiver
- Molift Partner – One of the lightest critical care mobile hoists providing easy hoisting, excellent stability and manoeuvrability
- Molift Smart 150 – Award-winning lightweight hoist that protects a carer’s back, is easily folded, manoeuvred and transported, for home or travel.
A selection of products from Etac’s Immedia manual handling range are being used in demonstrations during CPD accredited ‘Practical Workshop Three’. Etac Product Specialists will be on hand throughout the event to explain why this premier range of manual transfer solutions provide maximum safety for users, minimise risk for carers and help to reduce carer packages.
Products being demonstrated include:
- Immedia SatinSheets and 4WayGlide– complete in-bed systems for turning and positioning users. Designed to meet different levels of users needs, reduce strain on caregivers back and helps reduce carer packages
- Immedia Hip Turner – an aid for turning and static support in bed which allows the carer to maintain an ergonomically correct position
- Immedia CloverFoot – a well designed stool to raise user’s feet during transfer or toileting. Its distinctive shape allows close transfer positioning with improved working space for the carer
- Positioning wedges & MultiGlide Gloves – to make manual handling easier for carers and more comfortable for users
- The Molift Raiser
Led by Consultant Heather Hetherington, Practical Workshop Three will focus on “Moving and handling in single-handed care situations.” As care providers reduce costs and limit multiple carers, the lone carer faces particular challenges that must be considered in light of the new Care Act and guidance from the Health & Safety Executive.This workshop offers an invaluable opportunity for hands-on experience with the latest manual transfer Immedia products.
Andrew King, Etac Sales Manager for the UK commented: ‘Etac is delighted to be a sponsor of Moving and Handling People which is offering a rich and diverse workshop programme. All our respected brands will be available for testing and our product specialists will be ready to discuss individual professional and client needs on a one-to-one basis. Etac believes education and hands-on training are paramount in allowing moving and handling professionals to reduce risk and increase dignity for service users.”